Sunday, June 10, 2018

My Trip to Tree Hill Pt. 2: Beach Party at Dan Scott's House!

Friday, March 16th, 2018

For those of you who don't know me, fun fact, before this day, I had never seen or been to the ocean. Needless to say, I was super excited to go to a beach party at the house used for Dan Scott's beach house on One Tree Hill.

My awesome friend Alex had the idea to arrive in style at this party, so we got a limo! My first time in a limo also!


Complete with a red carpet!

Once we arrived, we took a few cute photos at the photo booth area that they had set up!

And then it was time; time for what I'd been waiting to see my entire life: the ocean!





Girls' pic by the ocean!
Definitely kicking myself for not getting a picture of the beach house itself, but my awesome friend Kyra took this picture of the back of the house at sunset!

One of my favorite parts of the evening was being able to meet Michael May, who played Chuck Skolnick on the show. At this party, you weren't supposed to take any photos with the celebrities who attended. It was supposed to be all about talking to them and hanging out with them.

There was a lot of people, so my friends and I made our way onto the back porch, for some breathing room. Michael May was back there, surrounded by this group of girls, but we decided to just hang back and not go talk to him. Our friend Alex, on the other hand, went right up to Michael May and told him that we really wanted to meet him.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, here comes Michael May, over to the dark corner of the porch where my friends and I were. I can't remember the exact conversation, but it went something like this:

"Oh, so you're the creepy girls hiding out in the dark, huh?"-MM

"No, we're totally normal, we're just not huge fans of crowds."-Us

"The Normal Girls from the Dark Corner...that would make a really good band name!"-MM

"Yeah it would!"-Us

"You'd need a killer album cover though. Let's take one now!"

We all sort of hesitated at this because we knew we weren't supposed to take any pictures, but Michael insisted. One of "his people" came and took the picture on my friend's phone, and then instructed us not to post it until later, so none of us got into any trouble.
We turned the lights on for the picture ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
And to top it all off, we were able to spend some time with Josh, the emcee/master of ceremonies for Eyecon Conventions! We took him for a spin in our limo, and since he already told the story on Facebook Live, I figured it would be okay to share the video! Of course we had to jam out to the OTH theme song, "I Don't Want To Be," by Gavin DeGraw.



Stay tuned for my next post, continuing to talk about my experience in Wilmington, North Carolina at the Eyecon One Tree Hill convention!

No comments:

Post a Comment